Box of Matches Box of Matches

Nice idea, but sadly, really buggy.

1. One time, matches kept disappearing when I clicked them.
2. In the same level, which was one with locked matches, I could turn two 6's into 8's, but was unable to revert this, because the matches became locked.
3. Sometimes, it won't let me drop matches in some spots. One level is impossible to solve because it doesn't let me drop matches anywhere.

Also, as a suggestion: a button to retry a level without returning to level select and then back into the level would be appreciated, especially considering a level can become impossible to clear due to aforementioned bugs.

Without the bugs, I would give this a 4/5. I like some of the menu navigation and background art.

pro100fartovuy responds:

2. This is rules of the game -_-

3. Look at 2

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

Pretty nice.

One thing I discovered: You can skip the first treasure chest entirely. If you do so, the Shuriken will be your first (and only, at that point) weapon. Switching weapons with D will then give you back the "None" weapon, and you lose the ability to switch weapons. I.e. you're screwed and have to start over.

That's something I would fix for the full version...

squidly responds:

Yea I just became aware of that during Pico Day. Definitely on my bug-squashing list.

1985 1985

Once you turn off the music, the game actually becomes quite pleasant. Nothing super new or special, of course, but quite nice.

The music, however... well first off, other reviews laud the music, so your mileage may vary. But to me, there are several problems:
1. It consists of two very short loops that get annoying fast.
2. More importantly, sometimes both loops play at once. The problem is that they don't really fit.
I can tolerate when only one of the loops is playing, again, nothing too special, but not terrible either. But when both play at the same time, it's just hurting my ears.

So I'm removing one star because of its not too original nature, and the other because, for me, the music really takes away from the experience.

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the critics. I was working on music in the last hours before the deadline, so I know that it's not perfect.

Bobby Da Arrow Bobby Da Arrow

Nice little game! The random facts about Bobby were fun to read.

I am mostly writing a review because of a weird glitch I had when I first started the game. Arrows disappeared as soon as I shot them, and enemies disappeared as soon as their first turn started. I first thought maybe that's because of me using an ad blocker, but after reloading, the glitch disappeared. Weird.

danishgoel responds:

I am glad you liked the game :)
That is a very strange glitch! Thanks for reporting.

A Dragon Named Coal A Dragon Named Coal

I'm giving this a 2.5 because there really isn't enough substance to decide whether this could be a good game or not.

The controls and animations feel smooth. The three different concepts of narration (voice acted narrator, speech bubble-type dialog, and text box with face portraits) seem to lack direction. Overall the concept seems to suffer "the 3D Sonic problem": instead of integrating enemy fights into standard play, there are distinct passages of "now I'm puzzling" vs. "now I'm fighting". This can be done well, but in newer Sonic games it felt tedious and forced. ("Why do I need to fight this certain number of enemies to unlock this door / disperse this invisible wall?")

I found it very entertaining to jump from the tower in the beginning and clip through a trap door, which lead me to an unfinished area with some debug text on the screen. Sadly, it didn't go far.

CleverCrowGames responds:

Fair enough, this is a short demo of a massive game. So it was quite difficult for us to nail down a definitive direction since we wanted things to start part way through the game. We actually have a very specific agenda and everything will play in nicely when you save Gavin. We're hoping to update the demo to have an Alpha boss battle and a more clear opening. But that may be a ways off since we also want to implement a lot of great feedback we've received.

O no, you can fall through that trapdoor :( Yeah we locked off a lot of content since it's mostly inaccessible due to metroidvania style mechanics. The demo is only about 25% of the entire map (which is complete without polish).

CrossCode CrossCode

Great graphics, nice concepts... commas in weird places as if they were following German orthography, okay... wait, Lachsen? I know about guy! FlareShard?! I KNOW her!

Well, that was a strange experience. Mainly because of the credits. The game itself was really nice, though. Beautiful-looking, very smooth and satisfying gameplay, great stuff. Wonder what Flare's up to, now.

RadicalFishGames responds:

Hi there! :D
This is Lachsen. :P
Flare still helps us out with dialogs here and there (though most of the grammar/spelling mistakes are most likely my fault).
And yeah, commas are difficult for us Germans to get right. ^^"

SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2 SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2

Sorry... Image doesn't sync audio

Sorry, this idea is great and I would really like to play it... but the graphics are too fast here, I have to play *against* the music, which is quite hard. In the beginning of a song, everything is fine, but then... it will get out of sync after a while. Is my PC too fast? It is only 2.2 Gh or so and graphics card isn't the best either... I'ld really love if you could fix that or tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

BirdBallz BirdBallz

There's a bug...

Good, but I got stuck in the middle of the sky at some point, my character disappeared, and the time is running on. I cannot lose or win.

Edvin responds:

Thank you for informing us, we are already aware of that bug and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.