Mario Meets Kirby Mario Meets Kirby

If I can't soon stop re-watching this over and over, I'm sure I'll die of laughter. I love how the animations are very in-character and show you know how the game worlds of both characters work. When watching, one can really feel your struggle to understand what Daniel Something was actually talking about, but also that you tried to make the most possible sense of it. And that really works well. You're not really making fun of him, which is great, it more seems like a tribute to something that doesn't quite deserve a tribute.

(Then idk, maybe Daniel feels different about that and you didn't understand at all what he was trying to say)

I find it kinda shocking though how many people in the reviews here seem to think that this is absolutely serious fan fiction work, and still rate it pretty good. WTH?

JonBro responds:

"It seems more like a tribute to something that doesn't quite deserve a tribute." I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's a kinda fun way to put it!

ScientLOLojyuuichi!! ScientLOLojyuuichi!!

LÜLZ

BWAHAHAHA now this was just great :) Great work.

FINDING... FINDING...

Good animation

... but "Kollaps von der Roboter" is so... wrong... Though know it's probably not you having invented that, dunno.

"Kollaps von der Roboter" would mean something like "Collapse by the robot", not Collapsing robots. Collapsing Robots would be "Kollabierende Roboter".

Dunno, maybe this helps. Or maybe you don't care ^,^

Box of Matches Box of Matches

Nice idea, but sadly, really buggy.

1. One time, matches kept disappearing when I clicked them.
2. In the same level, which was one with locked matches, I could turn two 6's into 8's, but was unable to revert this, because the matches became locked.
3. Sometimes, it won't let me drop matches in some spots. One level is impossible to solve because it doesn't let me drop matches anywhere.

Also, as a suggestion: a button to retry a level without returning to level select and then back into the level would be appreciated, especially considering a level can become impossible to clear due to aforementioned bugs.

Without the bugs, I would give this a 4/5. I like some of the menu navigation and background art.

pro100fartovuy responds:

2. This is rules of the game -_-

3. Look at 2

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

Pretty nice.

One thing I discovered: You can skip the first treasure chest entirely. If you do so, the Shuriken will be your first (and only, at that point) weapon. Switching weapons with D will then give you back the "None" weapon, and you lose the ability to switch weapons. I.e. you're screwed and have to start over.

That's something I would fix for the full version...

squidly responds:

Yea I just became aware of that during Pico Day. Definitely on my bug-squashing list.

1985 1985

Once you turn off the music, the game actually becomes quite pleasant. Nothing super new or special, of course, but quite nice.

The music, however... well first off, other reviews laud the music, so your mileage may vary. But to me, there are several problems:
1. It consists of two very short loops that get annoying fast.
2. More importantly, sometimes both loops play at once. The problem is that they don't really fit.
I can tolerate when only one of the loops is playing, again, nothing too special, but not terrible either. But when both play at the same time, it's just hurting my ears.

So I'm removing one star because of its not too original nature, and the other because, for me, the music really takes away from the experience.

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the critics. I was working on music in the last hours before the deadline, so I know that it's not perfect.

Self-Destruction :P Self-Destruction :P

Boom.

Wodan's Army Wodan's Army

...

Wow, this is just... wow.

Although (trying to be constructive, don't misunderstand me, it's awsum) a general thing what I have the impression your music is lacking is some consistency or a leitmotif (haha... found this word on dict.leo.org^^)... Don't want to say that the song is inconsistent, but it has some turns that appear to be a bit sharp to me. But I could imagine that those fit quite well if this was a movie score and at those ... "turning points" was a cut to a different scene.

An example would be at 0:54.

But again: wow.^^

newskies responds:

thanks!! I guess I should add more fills and stuff... next time^^
But thanks 'neways ol' bro!!111oneoneeleven

Last Opportunity Failed Last Opportunity Failed

Sounds like game music

Especially the first half sounded like Crystal Chronicles, and regular Final Fantasy. Then it has this typical newskies sound (especially in the beginning). The Guiter is also great. And, as always, composition, melodies and so on are A+. But I think I heard some clipping around the middle and near the and. Could also be my ears, though. Thus, 9 out of 10.

newskies responds:

actually this song isn't finished yet. I'm still looking for vox... and btw- rate fail (score ten... "Thus, 9 out of 10.")